After the triumph of the last “coca”, here you have a new “coca”, this time made with red peppers. Coca de Pebres can also be served as a starter or great to snack from during the day. It is served cold and it can last a couple of days in the fridge.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
- 2 cups of hot water
- 1 cup of oil
- 5-10gr of fresh yeast
- flour (as much as required)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 red peppers
First we need to prepare the base:
- Mix the yeast with the hot water and then add the oil.
- Add flour slowly while mixing constantly until a dough is ready.
- Spread oil on an oven tray and then spread the dough
Now we need to prepare the toppings:
- Boil the red peppers for 20 minutes and then cut in slices
- Mix the red peppers with slices of garlic clove, a bit of oil, salt and black pepper
- Spread the mix over the spread dough
- Oven cook in a preheated oven (top and bottom) at 200º Celsius during 30-40 minutes
Then let cool and serve in slices as big or small as you wish depending of the event.