Many people will hire a motorbike when travelling to Majorca and based on such, we have put together a few facts/tips regarding riding here in Majorca and Spain in general:
- All road traffic runs on the right.
- At roundabouts, give way to your left.
- The speed limit is generally 50KPH unless otherwise signposted.
- Mopeds have a yellow rear number plate, every other vehicle has a white rear number plate.
- Motorbikes over 125cc can use the motorway (i.e. anything with a white rear number plate).
- Motorway signals are blue.
- The motorway speed limit is 120KPH.
- A motorcycle helmet is mandatory. Riding without one is illegal and rigorously enforced by the police.