Table of Contents
Many people will hire a motorbike when travelling to Majorca and based on such, we have put together a few facts/tips regarding riding here in Majorca and Spain in general:
- All road traffic runs on the right.
- At roundabouts, give way to your left.
- The speed limit is generally 50KPH unless otherwise signposted.
- Mopeds have a yellow rear number plate, every other vehicle has a white rear number plate.
- Motorbikes over 125cc can use the motorway (i.e. anything with a white rear number plate).
- Motorway signals are blue.
- The motorway speed limit is 120KPH.
- A motorcycle helmet is mandatory. Riding without one is illegal and rigorously enforced by the police.
What is vacation scooter & motorbike hire?
Vacation scooter & motorbike hire is the rental of scooters and motorbikes for use during holidays/vacations.
This can be done through companies that specialise in holiday scooter & motorbike hire, or through general rental companies that offer a range of vehicles for hire.
How does vacation scooter & motorbike hire work?
Renting a scooter or motorbike for your holiday is easy.
You can book and pay for your rental online, and then pick up your vehicle when you arrive at your destination, or simply book the bike when you arrive at your resort.
We advise booking online though, as you can shop around for better prices & usually get an online booking discount.
What are the benefits of holiday scooter & motorbike hire?
There are many benefits to hiring a scooter or motorbike while on holiday.
For one, it can be a great way to see the sights and get around without having to rely on public transportation or taxis.
Additionally, it can be a cost-effective way to travel, as fuel costs for scooters & motorbikes are pretty low & you can save quite a bit compared to public transport fares.
Finally, it can be a great way to meet new people and make new friends, as you will likely meet other holidaymakers who are also hiring scooters or motorbikes.
4. How much does holiday scooter & motorbike hire cost?
5. Where can I find vacation scooter & motorbike hire?
What should I consider before hiring a vacation scooter or motorbike?
There are a few things to take into consideration when hiring a vacation scooter or motorbike.
Make sure you are familiar with the area you will be riding in and that you have a valid driver’s license.
Additionally, be sure to wear appropriate safety gear, such as a helmet, and follow all traffic laws.
What are the risks of vacation scooter & motorbike hire?
The risks of holiday scooter and motorbike hire can include road traffic accidents, or losing control of the vehicle.
Other risks include being injured by an object on the road or being involved in a collision with another vehicle.
Are there any other things I should know about holiday scooter & motorbike hire in Majorca?
Before renting a holiday scooter or motorbike, it is important to consider the following:
- The scooter or motorbike should be rented from a reputable company.
- The driver should be over the age of 16 and have a valid driver’s license for the vehicle.
- The scooter or motorbike should be insured.
- The driver should be familiar with the area where they will be driving.
Mark Kaye is a travel writer and content creator living in Majorca, Spain. Originally from the UK, Mark moved to the island and quickly fell in love with Majorcan culture, food, and scenic landscapes. When he’s not busy writing detailed guides about Majorca’s top tourist attractions and hidden local gems, you can find him out exploring coastal trails or wandering the streets of Palma’s Old Town in search of his next great restaurant discovery.