Majorcan Coca de Verdures Recipe
If you enjoyed the previous “cocas”, here you have the another typical Majorcan “coca”. Remember that you can enjoy it as a starter or as a snack. Coca de Verdures is served cold and it can last a couple of days in the fridge.
Preparation Time: 60 minutes
- 2 cups of hot water
- 1 cup of oil (olive, sunflower, etc.)
- 5-10gr of fresh yeast
- flour (as much as required)
- spinach (handful)
- 1 x onion
- 1 x leek
- 1 x chard
- parsley (handful)
First we need to prepare the base:
- mix the yeast with the hot water and then add the oil.
- add flour slowly while mixing constantly until a dough is ready.
- spread oil on an oven tray and then spread the dough
Now we need to prepare the toppings:
- cut in little pieces the onion, spinach, chard, leek and parsley, and mix all together
- add a bit of oil, salt and black pepper to the mix
- spread the mix over the spread dough
- oven cook in a preheated oven (top and bottom) at 200º Celsius during 30-40 minutes
Then let cool and serve in slices as big or small as you wish depending of the event.